In response to the tremendous growth IAPMO has experienced and the numerous changes in the building industry, the IAPMO Board of Directors felt it was necessary to develop a new document outlining the core objectives of IAPMO for the next five years. "IAPMO Vision" addresses the needs of the IAPMO membership and strives to ensure that the core mission and values of the organization are inherent in the business plan.
We strive to be the industry leader in protecting public health and safety, and in improving access to safe and sustainable water and sanitation around the world.
• To protect people everywhere through the development and enforcement of safe and efficient codes and standards, and the proper installation of certified products, systems, and materials.
• To enhance value to our members and the industry.
• To be a steward for Earth’s precious water resources by supporting the United Nation’s Sustainability Development Goals.
• To advance the industries that we serve by delivering world-class education, professional credentials, and related services in cooperation with industry partners.
• We empower and inspire our members to accomplish more.
• We value our staff and we are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce.
• We are committed to providing a safe working environment with equal opportunities for all.
• We celebrate and benefit from the diversity of our employees and members.
• We work hard to address the most pressing problems facing our industries through science-based research and solutions.
• We compete in our markets fairly and hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards as we work to meet our goals.
• We develop impactful philanthropic programs through our International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation (IWSH), and together with our partners, members, and employees, aid people everywhere in need of safe water and sanitation services.
• We invite and facilitate industry collaboration to create change for the better.