IAPMO R&T Lab current testing services include:
- Product testing to nationally recognized standards sponsored by such agencies as ASME/ANSI, ASSE, ASTM, CSA, IAPMO (PS, TS, and IGC), SASO and MSS. Products tested to these standards are generally for "listing/certification" purposes. See our list of capabilities for current status. Testing to meet the United States Department of Energy and United States EPA WaterSense and MAP requirements are also available.
- Quality Assurance Testing/Evaluation - This type of testing is usually conducted at the request of a manufacturer or supplier who wishes to assure that models being produced or received are in compliance with the current standards. On site-visits of manufacturing locations is also available to assist manufacturer1s with their in-house quality control system.
- Pre-testing evaluation, research/development and prototype testing - Testing on prototype units for compliance to standards can be costly. At IAPMO R&T Lab we offer a pre-evaluation service which includes evaluation of a product to the UPC as well as the applicable test standard. The evaluation may include testing, R&D to assist manufacturers in bringing the product into compliance with standards and codes and testing of prototype models prior to final production.
- Failure analysis testing. Independent witness testing.
- Acting as a liaison between manufacturers and listing agencies. This may include assisting manufacturers with the preparation of submittal packages, typing applications, and delivery of product and applications to various agencies as well as follow-up with the various agencies until certification/listing is granted.
- Complete and partial test kits for water closets and urinals are available for sale.
- Witness Testing Program. This program is offered to clients who have numerous samples for testing, or manufacturer's samples too large to submit. Our engineers come to the manufacturing facility and witness testing performed by the manufacturer's qualified people. We charge per day instead of per item, plus the time to develop the test report.